The Refill routine allows you to maintain a set balance in one of your depository accounts by leveraging a secondary account as the backup. Instead of constantly checking the balance of your account, you can now establish a set minimum balance that you want to maintain for that account and if your balance dips below that, Astra will automatically transfer a set amount of funds (which you specify) into the original account from a secondary account.
Setting up a Refill routine can be accomplished in a few steps:
- Navigate to the "+" at the top right of your screen in the app.
- Select "Create Transfer Routine"
- Select "Refill Transfer"
- Set the date when you want to have this Routine start
- Set the threshold for the minimum balance amount you want to trigger the transfer in from the secondary account(i.e., $100)
- Set the Destination which will be both monitored for its balance and which will receive the funds from the Refill automated transfer.
- Set the amount of the refill that you want to move when the balance of the destination account drops below the threshold value (i.e., $500).
- Set the Source account where the funds will be transferred from to refill the Destination account
- Name the Routine.
When you select "Create Routine" button, your refill routine will be officially live and the monitoring of your Destination account will start. If something looks off, you can make adjustments to your threshold amounts and the refill amount, as well as Source and Destination accounts after your Routine is saved via the Routines tab.
As always, if you have any other questions please feel free to reach out via email at [email protected] or on Intercom on our website or in the app.