The Percentage-based Transfer Routine is one of the most powerful offered by Astra and allows you to organize your income the moment that it arrives into your account. Instead of looking at the balance in your checking account and then moving the associated funds over to another depository account (like a high-yield savings account) you can now establish a particular use for incoming funds to that checking account (5% of all income to savings, for example) and watch as Astra automatically recognizes deposits to a source account and then move a percentage of that deposit to a second account – automatically.
- Navigate to the "+" at the top right of your screen in the app.
- Select "Create Transfer Routine"
- Select "Percentage Based Transfer"
- Set the date when you want to have this Routine start
- Set the threshold for the minimum deposit amount you want to trigger the transfer (i.e., $100)
- Set the Source account, which will be both monitored for new deposits above the threshold amount and will be the source of the funds for the transfer.
- Set the percentage that you want to move (i.e., 25% of all new deposits). You are unable to allocate more than 100% of an incoming transfer.
- Set the Destination account where the funds taken from the Source account will be sent via the percentage-based Routine.
- Name the Routine.
Before selecting the "Create Routine" button, you will see a preview of how this Routine would have worked on the last 30 days of deposits to your Source account with the associated transfers to your Destination account. If something looks off, you can make adjustments to your threshold amounts and the percentage, as well as Source and Destination, accounts at this stage, or after your Routine is saved via the Routines tab.
Read more about Percentage-based routines in this Article from the Astra blog.
As always, if you have any other questions please feel free to reach out via email at [email protected] or on intercom on our website or in the app.